- How the collapse is coming and Goldman Sachs rules the world
Prankster or sage, Alessio Rastani certainly spoke his mind about the “coming collapse” and how Goldman Sachs rules the world.
- Global debt party!
It would seem we’re nearly at the end of possibly the biggest party since Woodstock. But for the Monster Global Debt Party it’s close to 3am and a nasty hangover is just about to kick in.
- Petrol price rip off
Ever wondered why petrol is so expensive and fluctuates in price so often? We examine the real reasons behind pump prices.
- Do you feel like you have more to spend?
Contrary to popular myth, Australian households have more disposable income than ever before, but what will this do to house prices?
- Australia’s competitive slip up
As other nations reap the benefit of reform, Australia’s ranking in the World Economic Forum’s Global Competitiveness Report drops from 16th to 20th place.
- A surplus of political stupidity
Given the global downturn, it would be prudent for the government to delay its carbon tax and budget surplus promises. Unfortunately, in politics you get sacked for being sensible.
- The carbon tax explained
We look at the key elements of the just announced carbon tax, from who wins to who loses.
- The buyers are coming
The net effect of a Greek bailout and the end of QE2 on local markets is anyone’s guess. But within 12 months, cash that’s been sidelined for two years will flood back into Aussie assets.
- The Catch-22 of carbon pricing
Setting a carbon pricing level too low will potentially cause significant disruption to energy supply, while setting it too high will be damaging to industry and the economy.
Sign up to receive the latest finance news. Email: Subscribe
Connect with us on: Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google+
I want to:
- Which banks have passed on the rate cut
- Read bios of the richest Australians
- Find out what’s on your credit record
Tools & calculators
Try our budget calculator to see where all the money goes.
- Home loan borrowing calculator
- Credit card debt repayment calculator
- Credit card health check
- Home loan repayments calculator
- More tools and calculators »
Currency converter »
Convert: From: To:
Convert Amount: Data supplied by Morningstar, based on a 30min delay.